Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Dreams of a white horse  (Read 8797 times)

anisam

• View Profile
Dreams of a white horse
« on: May 10, 2011, 12:46:05 AM »
Hi, just wanted some help in understanding two dreams I had about a white horse with wings (not a Unicorn).
The first dream: My husband were walking along a country road and stopped at a place with a Hindu Temple but we did not enter the Temple. We walked along the building and came across a pond. The water initially looked dark green but as I got closer the water was clear and I saw miniature creatures floating above the water. A miniature marble looking white horse with wings in a bubble of water floated up to my face and hovered there. Then the earth shook and the ground opened to let out horses pulling a carriage followed by skeletal demons with swords. A sword instantly appeared in my husband's hands and he fought them, I yelled for us to run but strangely enough I was not scared, then I woke up.

The second dream: I was not asleep, but my eyes were closed and I saw a red light in the midst of darkness. The light grew to a big circle and it was pulsating. I saw something coming out of it, then a white wing blocked my vision. I opened my eyes and closed them again only to see a huge white horse with wings hovering and looking at me. I opened my eyes again and have not dreamt/seen the white horse since.

What does it mean. Does a white horse with wings signify something?

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Dreams of a white horse
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2011, 01:44:08 PM »
Anisam -  Quite a dreamer aren’t you.

First you walk past the temple, representing the outer show of religion and inner life. Then you come to a pond, that first is cloudy but becomes clear. A pond is a way of seeing into your own deeps, beyond the conscious mind. Whatever you were doing you managed to get past the original barriers that usually prevent people from exploring their own inner life.

The the small white winged horse, and the bubble represents something delicate and easily lost such as day dreams. A bubble is an entire and enclosed world. So inside the bubble might suggest a different ‘world’ of feeling, attitudes or experience. In this case the bubble might be a protection, and can indicate strengths or attitudes that are protective or inhibiting. Inhibiting you from really connecting with Pegasus, the winged horse.

In folklore and religion we find frequent mention of the winged horse. This symbolises the sexual or instinctive drives that have not been repressed, but allowed, in conjunction with consciousness and reason, to develop the higher possibilities latent in us. Put in plain language this suggests that the sexual drive rises like a wave that carries our conscious desires with it. This energy wave rises, but in fulfilling itself in genital sex the wave falls again, self-awareness with it. However, if the energy is released, and yet not allowed to spill out in the full sexual release, the energy keeps on rising – flying in fact – lifting awareness with it, until it becomes a vast awareness of life and death. Observation of this suggests it awakens parts of the brain that were not really functioning before.

When the earth shook and the demons came out, it showed that in fact you were breaking through the protective shields we use to prevent us from seeing our true nature. The demons are fears and anxiety that if we cannot pass through we ill fall back into only sensory experience and all we will know is the body. The same story is told in the Sleeping Beauty, where the hero has to hack through massive briars that many others before had died amongst.

So then you are awakening to vision. The white horse is ready to carry you beyond the senses into an amazing inner world. So you have had a form of initiation.

Tony